Friday, March 16, 2012

Soak off Franken

I was not at all satisfied with Red Carpet Manicure's Violetta Darling.  I really wanted a nice lavender creme but unfortunately colour options are limited with soak off gels.  So why not franken one?




















I'm holding Violetta Darling for colour comparison even though I didn't actually use it in my franken.  This is exactly the colour that I wish Violetta Darling was.  I took a piece of tinfoil and added several drops off Shellac Cream Puff, then mixed in about 4 drops of Gelish Bella's Vampire and 2 drops of Red Carpet Manicure Midnight Affair.  I used one of my nail art brushes to apply it.  I think since this attempt was successful, I may just try and franken that entire bottle of Violetta Darling to darken it up.




















And as some of you already know, the new collection from Joe includes a holo polish and here she is - Starry.  Just one thin coat over my gel manicure.  It's not a holo glitter but a very fine holo flake.  I don't actually have anything comparable to it believe it or not.  Awesome to see our great Canadian brand coming out with unique polishes.

Later
P

No comments:

Post a Comment