Friday, March 2, 2012

I have no excuse

Maybe I'm getting soft in my old age or maybe I'm losing my mind.  Either way, when I started my next SOG I knew two things for sure:  1. I was going to use my holo glitter again, and 2. I was going to scrub it into the whole nail.



















I had 6 colours to choose from but I couldn't stop myself from dipping into that damn pink.

I should probably do a tutorial on the glitter scrub method but it's actually very simple.  Since you have a tacky layer on your gel after curing, it's very easy to just take a bit of glitter on a brush and scrub it into the sticky layer.  Just make sure to scrub it in firmly so that there is no loose glitter leftover and apply your topcoat.  I always apply a second topcoat when doing a glitter scrub just to make extra sure it's smooth.  I also keep a separate bottle of topcoat that I use just for glitters because it's almost impossible to not get glitter in it.



















So after I came to my senses and realized what I'd done, I figured I needed to add black to it so it would look a little more mean and much less girly.  I used Showcase plate B79 and Wet and Wild's Black Creme to stamp with.

Wonder if I can make it through 2 whole weeks of holographic glittery pink?

Fuck. me.

Later
P

No comments:

Post a Comment