Friday, March 9, 2012

Score!

Last weekend I struck nail polish gold...well as far as I'm concerned anyways.



















To start with I finally found a Shoppers Drug Mart with the new Essence display.  They also had some GOSH polishes on clearance.  This little haul was only $20.

From L-R: Gosh: Fossil Grey and Rusty,  Essence: Luxury Secret, High Spirits, Where is the Party?, Gleam in Blue, Glamorous Life, Lovely Secret, You Belong to Me and Break Through.

But the real score of the day came from Winners:



















They had a small selection at this particular Winners and I was about to walk away with only Essie's Dive Bar in my hand when I spotted a Barielle 5-pack and was totally expecting the contents to be the same neutral colours I've seen at other stores.  I had another 'holy shit' moment when I spotted Elle's Spell in the pack!  This was on my list of most wanted polishes and honestly never thought I'd find it.  And here in Canada is the last place I thought I'd find a brand new bottle of it.



















So I ran home and slapped on China Glaze Poinsettia as a base (bad choice as you'll see).



















Then I added 2 coats of Elle's Spell and topped it with Seche Vite.  I really wanted this to be darker, but I think I just made a poor choice of base colour.



















And so the next day I added a coat of Essie's Matte About You.  I love the polish but the China Glaze base gives off too much of an orange glow.  Also...ugh, gotta love that Seche Vite shrinkage.

Anyways, as a last addition to my score post:  My sister found a girl in her local 'mommy swap' who was selling OPI's.  When she told me the names of the polishes I started freaking out because they are all old school black label polishes.  She's selling them so cheap that I told her to take them all so I can't wait to get my hands on them now.

Later
P

No comments:

Post a Comment