Monday, February 27, 2012

A win and a fail

I can't believe I waited this long to try out Studio M's Purple Medallion...



















This is probably their most unique non-color club-dupe they have.  It's like Magic Attraction with a raspberry tinted base.  This is 2 coats.



















I think this second photo is more accurate colour-wise.  I stamped it with konad plates m2 for the flowers and m5 for the dragonfly using Billie French White.



















I found that the lights in my basement really made the holo glitter pop.  Love it.

So when I did this mani I decided to try Gelous for the first time.  One of the reasons I don't wear glitter often is because it takes several top coats to take away the gritty feel.  I had read several girls suggested using Gelous so I picked some up at Sally's for around $7.  I used one coat over the glitter and topped it with Seche Vite.  Half an hour later I noticed the surface was still gritty so I added another coat of Seche Vite.  Guess what?  STILL not completely smooth.  Not impressed with Gelous girls!

Later
P

No comments:

Post a Comment