Monday, August 8, 2011

Bloody nails

I've had this idea forever but I could never find the right polishes for it.  I wanted to create nails that looked like they were dripping blood.  I recently bought L'Oreal Stroke of Midnight and decided it was perfect for this mani.



















So to start with I just grabbed a random red, which happened to be Sally Hansen Maximum Growth in Cherry Charisma - 1 coat.



















Then I sponged on L'Oreal Stroke of Midnight but I did a shitty job of it so I added a coat of Kleancolor in Red-hot to try and blend it a bit.  It wasn't too hard to pick out the hex glitter in Red-Hot.



















And then I did two more coats of the same - sponged Stroke of Midnight and one coat of Red-Hot.  I also sponged a bit of black on the tips.  With top coat this was one of the thickest mani's I've ever worn!



















My execution wasn't great, once again, but I liked it enough that I'll definitely give it a try again.  I just need to blend it a bit more, use a darker base and find a lighter red jelly polish without glitter to replace Red-hot.  Maybe I'll try it out again closer to Halloween or when the new season of Dexter starts :)

Later
P

No comments:

Post a Comment