Friday, August 2, 2013

Vitagel Part 2





















So after 5 or 6 days of the Morgan Taylor polish over the Vitagel, I removed the polish with non-acetone remover and the Vitagel underneath was still perfect.






















Then I painted 2 coats of China Glaze's When Stars Collide, no topcoat.  I seriously thought this polish was brown until I left the house and saw it in sunlight.  I need to review the lighting situation in my nail studio I think.






















And here it is 5 days later.  Pretty impressive that a holo with no top coat can last chip free for 5 days over top of a gel polish!  I definitely had some tip wear but I've never seen a holo polish have this kind of longevity.

I'm actually still wearing it at 7 days and I've got some serious tip wear now.  I will be removing this tonight but I have to say my first experience with Vitagel was good.  If I got back into the habit of changing my nail colour every 3 days I would probably use Vitagel underneath it all the time. The only thing I would do differently is probably go with 2 coats of Vitagel next time.  I love that you can use it instead of base coat.  I did notice however that the removal was a bit harder than usual but then again, I'm used to the Shellac base coat, not Gelish, so it may be pretty comparable to the Gelish Foundation.

So the verdict is that I like it and I'm going to try and promote a nail growth program using this to help nail biters/people with weak nails so hopefully I'll have some good progress photos to show you soon.

Later
P

No comments:

Post a Comment