Monday, January 31, 2011

Plate m32 round one...



















So in my effort to do a mani with every single design I own I'm starting with m32.  I'm sorry I don't know where to buy konad plates in Canada.  I bought mine online.  I used Essie's ridge filling basecoat ($9 at Shoppers) and then applied 3 coats of OPI Yes I Can Can ($9.50 at Trade Secrets).  I mistakenly said it was purple in another post, but it's definitely more burgundy than purple.  I also added one coat of Seche Vite ($9 at Sally Beauty) because this mani just wasn't drying at all.



















I then added a coat of Essie's Matte About You ($10 at Trade Secrets).  I friggen love matte finishes on dark colours!



















The shrinkage you can clearly see on my index finger is from the Seche Vite...grrrrr.  Then I stamped with the dandelion design from m32, but I left out the stems and positioned the design along the bottom right of my nails.  I used Orly Luxe ($7 at Sally Beauty) to stamp the design.



















I was going to leave it at that but I was annoyed with the tip shrinkage so I freehanded a thin french and figured I'd show you anyways.  But I definitely prefer it without.



















It's not terrible, I just prefer more elegant and less busy designs.  Also, matte polish tends to chip faster so I do often add a french tip to matte manicures, but I usually use clear polish for that.  So there's one down and 6 more to go!

Later
P

No comments:

Post a Comment