Friday, January 21, 2011

Gosh, what a nerd!

This is my third GOSH polish and I can confidently say it will be my last.  The colour is Black Passion and it's quite nice, but the application with these polishes are a big goopy mess and the brush is tiny and it just plain sucks.  They retail for $10 at Shoppers Drug Mart.  I picked up 3 when they were on sale for $5.

So I decided to combine my addiction to nail polish with my other hopeless addiction...Rockband.

Rockband drums more specifically, which is why I added a coat of Essie's Matte About You to give it that worn drum pad look.  I really liked this colour when I added the matte finish, such a shame.


I tried freehanding the tips and I was pretty happy with the way my left hand turned out (right hand not so much). 

Colours used:
China Glaze Ruby Deer (Sally's Beauty Supply -$5.49)
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Mellow Yellow (Pretty much available everywhere for about $3)
Billie Blue (Dollar Giant -$1.25)
Billie Lime (Dollar Giant -$1.25)
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Sunkissed (for the bass pedal thumb, see above for $ info)

In other news, I'm lucky to have a sister in the US and I was able to snag the '3 Free' offer from Zoya.  I'm happy to say that Ivanka, Charla and Crystal are officially on their way to Ontario and I'm hoping they make it safely.  These will be my first Zoyas and I'm dying to try them.  BTW damage was $7US to Zoya for shipping and $4 for my sister to ship them here...pretty good deal still considering they are about $10 each at Trade Secrets, which is the only place I've seen them around.

Later
P

1 comment: