Monday, January 24, 2011

Friday night mani and Saturday haul



So Friday night I decided I needed to try out the Milani 3D Holographic polish I bought on a shopping trip to the US in the fall.  This is Cyberspace and it was my first Milani.  I got it for about $2US in the clearance section at Meijer.  I have seen Milani polishes in Canada at Zehrs, but they only carry about 10 colours from their regular line.  This is 3 coats of Cyberspace - probably could have used 4 but the formula is very nice.


I stamped with konad plate m64 (my fave) in China Glaze's Little Drummer Boy ($5.49 at Sally Beauty Supply).  I found that Little Drummer Boy is great for stamping but it's a horribly staining colour on it's own.


I wish my camera could pick up the holo effect because I love it.  I think I must have taken my pics before top coat as well.  I find with konad stamping that you need to wait at least 1 hour before using a top coat to prevent streaking, but pretty much any topcoat works as long as you're quick and light with the brush.




















So here is my weekend haul.  The first 3 were 3/$5 at Len's Mill Store.  The two Xtreme Wears are great for stamping and I'm sorry I forgot the names and I'll have to add them later - they are 2 different colours even though they look the same above.  The other Sally is for frankening.  It's got a crazy blue flash to it.  The two polishes on the right were found at Winners.  The LA Girls Metal doesn't have a name but a google search seems to indicate it's Brass.  It was $3.  The OPI was $5 and it's a purple - Yes I Can Can.  I am totally wearing this one next!

So Winners is kind of hit and miss for nail polish but I wanted to show you what I found last month at a Winners in a major city near me...




















I had to contain myself from yelling 'holy shit' in the middle of the store.  I didn't yet have any holos in my collection and here were two of them!  I braced myself for the price tag when I picked one up and I smiled when I saw the tag - $7.99!  Sweet.  So even though I don't ever wear pink nail polish I am now the proud owner of OPI DS Signature as well as OPI DS Sapphire.  Worth every friggen penny!  So Winners can definitely be a gold mine for polish addicts.

Later
P

Edit: Ok so the Sally Xtreme Wears are Titanium Rose and Pink Aluminum.  I already own another from this collection called Mauve Nickel and they are fantastic for stamping, but I cannot find any info on the internet about these polishes except that they are for sale on some foreign ebay-type site.

1 comment:

  1. I love this mani!
    I'm your new/first follower...!!??
    Greetings from Barcelona ;-)

    ReplyDelete