Thursday, February 3, 2011

M32 take two



















So this is design #2 from plate m32.  I used a basecoat and 2 coats of Nicole by OPI Virtuous Violet Matte ($9 at Shoppers Drug Mart).  I have two of these polishes and they are awesome shimmery mattes.



















I used the design shown on the bottom of my plate.  This design is an 'L' shape but I only stamped the longer part of the 'L' diagonally across the middle of my nail.  On my stamper you'll notice that I marked it with magic marker along the seam.  It really helps to align the stamp on the image plate and then on the nail.



















The initial idea was to use my clear top coat on the tips diagonally but because I used such a light colour it was barely visible as you can see (or not see) below:



















I used Sally Hansen 10 Day No Chip polish (discontinued) in Black Berry to stamp.  I also decided to use it on the tips since I wasn't satisfied with the results of the clear coat.  I sooo wish I could get my hands on another bottle of this polish because no other black I've owned has ever compared and this baby is half empty now!  I did the tips freehand again and curved them along with the stamped image.



















And as a bonus there's a shot of my NYC Top Coat that I couldn't find a picture of previously.

Yeah that's all I got for now.  Lots of things going on but I'm sick of bitching and I don't want this blog to become a daily rant.  So I'm venturing out into the snow on my lunch hour today and we'll see if I can score some little bottles of temporary happiness :)

Later
P

2 comments:

  1. I just tag you for a beautiful award. Check out my blog for the rules http://nailartencasa.blogspot.com/2011/02/unknown-blogger-award.html

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete