Friday, February 4, 2011

M32 FAIL!

The first of many I'm sure.  I'm going to share them all, no matter how messed up or fugly they are.  Well this one was more of a polish fail but I'll get to the good part first.

I recently picked up a few Sally Hansen Salon Manicure polishes and I decided to try one out finally.  I'd never purchased them before because quite frankly - um, $8 for a Sally Hansen drugstore polish?  Yeah right.  So I snagged Bittersweet a week or so ago at Zehrs for under $5.  So when I unscrewed the cap and saw the huge flat brush I thought 'oh shit'.  Then I swept it across my pinky nail in one stroke.  And I was in awe.  Perfect coverage in one stroke, no flooding of my cuticles and there was absolutely no clean up needed at all!  Holy friggen crap this shit rocks and I need more!  I painted a second coat because I did have some bare spots but look at the shine on it...



















I obviously need a bit of clean up there, but this was nothing compared to my pre-clean up nails normally.  I am crossing my fingers that the others apply as amazingly as this one did.

So I know I said I hate pink but I think it looks great with dark brown so I pulled out my Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Pink Aluminum ($2 at Len's Mill) and planned on stamping the bottom flower pattern here on m32.



















I have another one of these polishes and it works fantastic for stamping, but Pink Aluminum was very thin and this was the result:



















Total fail and I couldn't even get the remnants off with a light swipe of remover.  So I figured since Pink Aluminum is so thin that it would be great for marbling.  This was my third attempt at marbling and I alternated clear polish with the pink because the Salon Manicure polish didn't work.



















I obviously can't aim worth shit.  Practice makes perfect I guess.  I topped it with Seche Vite to make it super shiny.  I'm not sure how I feel about it to be honest.  Tomorrow the Princess of Poo arrives with my 1 year old niece who loves pink so I will let her decide whether this mani stays or goes.

Later
P

No comments:

Post a Comment