Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Tsk Tsk

Every once in awhile I do a google image search on random photos I've posted here on my blog.  I've never bothered with watermarking because I don't really care all that much.  My photos aren't great quality and my designs aren't usually one of a kind.

I hate posting without photos so here's one for ya - the groovy girl birthday cake I made for my niece's 3rd birthday....


















Anyways, while browsing my popular searches I pulled a couple of my blog photos and did an image search on them.  I'm not posting which ones because it really doesn't matter...other than the fact that the photos are of Gel manicures from my DIY days (this is important).

So no big surprise...I found several photos that were being used on other websites.  There was one photo on some foreign site that looked like one of those blogs where they steal other people's posts and photos...eh whatever.  There was another on some foreign ebay type site that was clearly selling Gel Polish...certainly not the brand that was displayed in my photo but...eh whatever.

Then I got a bit bothered by one I saw that was clearly a Craigslist/Kijiji type site in the UK for a mobile Nail Tech.  The photo she used was one of my Shellac French Manicures from before I became a pro and it clearly shows.  On one hand I was a bit bothered by the fact she's advertising my photo as her own work and trying to get Clients from it.  On the other hand, if my amateur photo is better than her own work...um ya we'll see how long she makes it as a Nail Tech.

The next one I found actually displayed the same photo but it was for a professional nail salon in the US!!!  It was nowhere near an acceptable clean french manicure you would expect at an actual salon!

The one that bothered me most though was a photo of my very first Shellac Rockstar manicure.  This one was posted by a Nail Tech on her own Facebook Business page and claimed it was her own and people actually commented on it!  The kicker?  This Nail Tech is from Ontario...just a few hours away from me!  Again it's a photo I posted long before I became a pro. Also she posted that it was Shellac when I'm clearly holding a bottle of Gelish in the photo...um yeah.

So that leads me to my next little rant....what happens when the Client walks in and says 'Can you do the same as that photo'?  Because of course it's not going to look the same without the exact glitters and polishes used.  Good luck with that dumbass!  Unless of course you're actually one of my blog readers so you ran out and bought the glitter and polishes to go with that photo in which case I'd like to take a moment to say...

Fuck you.

I feel sorry for anyone who pays you good money to do their nails...shame on you!

P


No comments:

Post a Comment