Monday, January 23, 2012

Chromes for stamping

Today I want to share some of my favourite stamping polishes with you...Sally Hansen Chromes.  I own 2 of the original chromes from when they were first released and the others I've found in discount stores over the last year.  Some of the polishes are from the Xtreme Wear line and not the old Chrome line but they are almost identical polishes.



















From L-R:
Pure Ice Silver Mercedes (for comparisons sake)
Sally Hansen Chrome in White Gold
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Mauve Nickel
Sally Hansen Chrome in Moonstone (also the bottle I'm holding, strange that the polish colour doesn't match)

The last 2 are almost identical.  I was surprised that none of them really matched the Pure Ice though.



















From L-R:
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Titanium Rose
Sally Hansen Chrome in Rhodolite Chrome
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Pink Aluminum
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Antique Gold

The two in the middle are identical and the first one isn't far off.  I also missed one in my stash - Chrome Royal Purple in the rare square bottle but the colour isn't similar to any of these anyways.  These are the best bang for your buck stamping polishes if you can still find them.  I usually find them in liquidation stores or asian perfume stores.  I've seen them range from $.50-$3 which is a steal.

And here's the last polish I wore before removing my Drop Dead Gorgeous gel mani (at day 12 here):



















Pleasantly surprised with this!  Although I messed up with the magnet a bit.  It's LCN Magnetic Amazing Mauve.  Which looks like just plain boring greyish lavender in the bottle.  And like the name of the name of the polish says...the magnet pulls out this Amazing Mauve.  I can't wait to see all the new magnetic polishes due to be released this year and hopefully new magnet designs along with them!

Later
P

No comments:

Post a Comment