Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Playing with gel

I know I said before that I wasn't happy with the Star Nail product that we were given in our student kits.  So I did some investigation to try and find a better product.  The beauty supply stores don't carry enough variety nor do they carry trial kits, not to mention the fact that the selection of nail products is just plain abysmal in general.

So I discovered that there are a few companies that make gels you can use for tips and sculpted extensions and they actually soak off!  Bio Sculpture is the big one that some of you may have heard of as well as Calgel but when I received their product info I just about fell over in my chair looking at their price lists!

So then I found that there is actually a Canadian company - Akzentz, that sells one as well for much much cheaper and I ordered a couple of kits from them.



















And of course I had to test them out right away.  I used clear tips to extend my nails and tried out their soak off 'Options' gel.



















And because I'm still learning and want to play, I added some mylar flakes, mylar stars and a bit of holographic glitter.  But here's the best part...I actually managed to do both hands!  It's slightly easier with gels than acrylics, but I'm happy to finally have matching hands again.  It still took me 3.5 hours to do my own nails which is painful really.  But it's worth it because I need to have blingy nails that people will notice to build up my clientele, right?

I'm hoping this product will hold up over the next couple of weeks.  We'll see what happens.

Later
P

No comments:

Post a Comment