Thursday, June 20, 2013

A little fun

So I broke both my thumbnails last week.  But my Gelish was still perfect on the rest of my nails so I decided to remove it on my thumbs only.  Only in 2013 could I get away with a manicure like this:





















I used regular polish on my thumbs - China Glaze Blonde Bombshell.  I stamped my middle finger because I figured if I was going for mismatched I may as well go all out.  FYI this is at 13 days of my Gelish Sweet Morning Dew manicure.  As always, awesome wear with Gel Polish.





















So my 'fun' client came back, saw the stamping on my nails and just had to have it on her own.  We did one coat of OPI Alpine Snow and 2 coats of IBD Just Gel in Starburst.  Bright fluorescent pink, much like the China Glaze Heat Index I wore a couple of weeks ago.





















I also had another client come in for 'gel polish fingers and toes' and we used 3 coats of OPI Pedal Faster Suzi on her fingers and Gelish Holiday Party Blues on her toes with some silver stars stamped on them.

I'm getting a lot of people doing the 'gel polish fingers and toes' right now.  It must just be the time of year.  It's great though because I can offer a package deal for it and it only takes an extra half hour to add the toe service.  I calculated what it would take to make enough money to match my day job - I would need to do 8 Gel manicures per day (or 4 fingers + toes).  As much as I love doing nails, I don't think I could sit and do 8 manicures, 5 days a week.  My setup right now for toes also involves me sitting on the floor and it's murder on my back.  I need to look at some options for that.  Anyways I'm pretty content to do about 2 clients per week on top of my regular day job.  Now if only I didn't run out and spend that money on more gel polish....

Later
P

No comments:

Post a Comment