Thursday, April 5, 2012

Soak off layering

Shellac colours are pretty limited.  So CND has a layering guide to create new shades and I decided to try one of my own.




















These are the culprits.  From L-R:
Shellac Red Baroness
Red Carpet Manicure Drop Dead Gorgeous
Gelish Ali Baba's Sim Sala Bim




















I painted them on in that exact order as listed above - 1 coat each.  I gotta say it's pretty friggen awesome!




















At first glace it looks mostly like a royal purple.  It also has an awesome duochrome sparkle that shifts from pink to deep violet.




















I ended up just sponging the tips with China Glaze Skyscraper.  It's got a bit too much silver in it for my liking.  I was going for a fade here but it didn't quite turn out that way.

Anyways, I've got some new soak off gels on their way to me and can't wait to show you all the new colours I got.  Some more great layering possibilities.

Later
P

2 comments:

  1. That IS pretty awesome,kind of like franken polish without all the mixing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another person who mixes gel with polish. Hurray!!! Love Ali Baba.

    ReplyDelete