Monday, November 28, 2011

Friggen Sweet!

So Sally's sells some pretty awesome but expensive glitters in their acrylics section.  And someone on a nail board mentioned that there was a nice sparkly holographic one so of course I had to go check it out.



















Doesn't look very holo at first glance and I think this ran me around $5.  Now something I may not have mentioned about soak off gels is that they have a sticky layer on them after curing which is fantastic for adding glitter.



















So all I did here was Shellac Base Coat, 1 coat of a random colour ( I used Shellac Negligee) and then smooshed the glitter on with a dry brush, added Gelish Top It Off and cured.  I added a second top coat just to be safe.  I love when I finally do an awesome mani after so many fails :)  The sparkle is insane on this!

Later
P

3 comments:

  1. Glittertastic! Looks absolutely beautiful. Do you think it'd be usable with normal polish or is that a no-go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it would be a problem with regular polish but I'm not sure how long it would last because it would likely chip fairly quickly. I would probably press the nail into the glitter rather than brush it on since regular polish dries pretty fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love glitter mani's and the Silver Rush glitter is great. It's actually finer than most glitter you can find.

    ReplyDelete