Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I'm still here

No excuse really except for my damaged finger and the fact that I have a new game I just can't put down long enough for me to paint my nails.  Also, I've got shorties again :(

So I found out a few weeks ago that www.nailpolishcanada.com has finally started stocking soak off gels!  So I just had to place an order:



















I also ordered a couple of Nubars but the 2 Gelish I ordered are Caution and Night Reflection.  Nailpolishcanada.com has a decent selection too although they didn't carry the two colours I really want badly.  The full size Gelish is $22 for 15ml.  Compared to the $18.95 for the 9ml bottle at Sallys this is a better deal.  Their Shellac is $24.50 which I find pricy since they are also half the size.  Shipping was free over $29 and it took exactly one week to arrive.  This was my first order with them and I have no complaints.



















So the first colour I chose was Gelish Night Reflection in 3 coats.  I love this colour.  I decided to do a test run on embedding stickers into the gel polish.  After the 3 coats of Night Reflection I wiped lightly with alcohol and then applied my nail stickers.  I tried without wiping the inhibition layers first and the stickers would not stick properly, so the inhibition layer needs to be removed for this.  I then added a coat of Gelish Structure (a clear builder gel) for smoothness and then finally added my top coat.  Since this was a trial I obviously had a few errors but I'm confident enough I can get it perfect next time.  This photo is actually on day 6 of the manicure so you can see those stickers aren't coming off anytime soon.  Since I didn't get it as smooth as I would have liked I won't be painting over it though.

Later
P

No comments:

Post a Comment