Thursday, September 19, 2013

I need new brushes

















I pretty much have only one useable nail art brush left.  I've basically ruined them with acetone and alcohol.  I had one hell of time with these one-stroke flowers and my dried up brushes.
















I'm kicking myself for not taking a photo before the nail art because the colour itself was pretty amazing.  I used 2 coats of Gelish Garden Teal Party and added 1 coat of Shellac Hotski to Tchotchke on top.  I used regular acrylic paints for the flowers and she was really happy with them, but I wasn't. 

When I do acrylic paint or konad stamping on gel polish I always finish the gel manicure completely before doing any art.  After I do the art I seal it with a regular polish top coat.  That way if my Clients decide they don't like the art several days later, they have the option to remove it with non-acetone remover and it's like they have a new manicure.  It's great for people who don't want to wear the same thing for 2 weeks straight.

Later
P

1 comment:

  1. That is a great idea to add the art in a way that it can be changed out later! I can't imagine being able to make blossoms like this with a perfectly new brush, so I'd say you did great with your worn out one. :)

    ReplyDelete