Thursday, September 20, 2012

Bad Girl

I know I've been terrible with posting lately but this time the break was unintentional.  I had some medical issues last week and was laid up for several days.  I think we're pretty much good to go now though.



















This is 3 coats of OPI Gelcolor in My Private Jet.  It was very sheer and not really all that similar to the regular version of it.  So I decided to compare it:



















I painted one coat of OPI's My Private Jet regular nail polish over my index finger.  I have the brownish non-holo current version.  You can tell that it's quite a bit more brown than the Gelcolor.  This mani only lasted a week for me before it chipped, but then it happened while I was scrubbing out the hot tub so I'll have to try another wear test on this sometime.

During the last couple of weeks I've done a bit of shopping:



















I picked up a set of 6 acrylic molds from the website that shall no longer be named due to it's spamming of my blog when I mentioned it in the last post. (But I'll still continue to shop there because it's cheap lol)



















Each mold is made of a soft rubber and is about an inch and a half long.  You just place a little bead of acrylic in the mold, work it in to get any bubbles out and then pop out your little decorations in a few minutes.



















These would be fun with a little coloured acrylic in them.  I like the seashell ones a lot and they are probably the only ones I'd actually wear myself.  The others are just a little too girly for me but I'm hoping I'll get to use them on someone in the future.

In other news, my nail course starts this weekend and I'm pretty excited about that.  I've also been working on an in-home nail spa that's just about ready to go.  I'm curious to see how this all pans out.

Later
P

No comments:

Post a Comment