Monday, June 11, 2012

Rainbows and bling

Well this is looking like this is turning out to be a one-post-a-week summer.  I simply just don't have the time to paint my nails as often lately.  Never have I loved soak-off gels more than I do right now :)



















I did manage to do one regular mani last week over my gel.  I painted 1 coat of Layla Flash Black over 1 coat of basic black nail polish.



















And this photo has a coat of Seche Vite on top.  Everyone says that top coats diminish the holo effect of a polish but I find what it actually does is 'cloud' it a bit.  The holo is still clearly there just not as bright.



















My current gel mani is 2 coats of Ez Flow TruGel Frosted Amethyst which is a very sheer frosty lilac.  I tried 3 coats of it on my sister last weekend and it was still sheer so it probably would take at least 5 for opacity.  I topped it with 3 coats of Ez Flow TruGel Winners Circle which I used as an accent nail previously over Shellac Asphalt.  It's a clear base with probably 50% silver glitter, 25% pewter glitter and 25% pink glitter which makes it look mostly lilac.  The application here is not the best since I had my sister paint them but she did an alright job.

I noticed when we did my nails that I actually missed the base coat on one finger so I decided to leave it and we'll see what happens when you don't use base coat...

Later
P

No comments:

Post a Comment