Thursday, July 28, 2011

Stamping with Carbonite



















This is 2 coats of OPI's Stranger Tides.  I found this one in a clearance basket a few weeks ago.  This is one reason why I usually refuse to buy new OPI collections when they first come out.  The shades I want always end up in the clearance bin eventually.  It's awesome that I love the unpopular colours!



















Sorry this is a really shitty photo but it's a small US haul I had a few weeks ago.  I found Revlon Carbonite at Meijer but I didn't realize at the time that it's a dupe for Chanel Graphite.  It was $4 in a display on its own and I thought it looked pretty unique.  Also I'm probably the last blogger on the planet to buy Revlon's Royal.  I eye it up every time I'm out shopping but I've never seen it cheaper than $6 here in Canada.  Next up is Studio M's Sweet Dreams - I was on a hunt for purple cremes and picked up Sinful's Verbena on the far right as well.  The LA Colors polish is Aqua Crystals (glitter) found at the Dollar Tree.  Lastly, I finally found Sinful's San Francisco at Walgreens.  I've been looking for that colour forever.  Pretty small haul overall.



















So as soon as I got home I broke out Revlon Carbonite because I knew the colour would look awesome with Stranger Tides.  I used plate BM207 and aligned the stripes straight across instead of diagonally as the image was intended.  I thought it was decent.  I don't mind the loud patterns when the colours are subtle.

Later
P

No comments:

Post a Comment